Grilled Spring Bay scallops, braised ox tail parcel, watercress & a cauliflower puree scented with truffle oil
Recipe courtesy of Pierre Barelier, Head Chef, Glaze Restaurant. Photo: Michael Silver, Photonet
- 12 x large Spring Bay scallops
- 1kg ox tail
- Spring roll pastry
- 200ml orange juice
- 750ml red wine
- 2 litres ox tail cooking liquor
- Let it reduce to the appropriate consistency
Braised ox tail
- In a roasting tray, caramelise the mirepoix.
- Season, flour and season the ox tail in the pan.
- Add the mirepoix to the ox tail in the pan.
- Top with red wine and let reduce.
- Add star anise, orange peel and peppercorn.
- Level with veal stock.
- Cover with foil and braise under low temperature oven for 3 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the meat off the bone.
- Add dijon mustard and some of the cooking liquor.
- Mould into shape with small terrines.
- Allow to cool.
- Wrap in spring roll parcels and pan fry with clarified butter until crispy.
- To plate, place three quenelles scented with truffle oil.
- Top with a portion of the ox tail parcel each.
- Then add scallops.
- Surround with watercress and witlof salad.